[slackintosh-users] Re: Compiling kernel with gcc-3.4.5
- From: Jon <jgrosshart@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Slackintosh list <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:37:03 -0500
Greets all. I seem to be having a bit of a problem compiling any kernel (specifically 126.96.36.199) using the updated gcc-3.4.5... Using 3.3.6 however works just fine.
I get no errors whatsoever during the 'make vmlinux' until the very end where it is about to spit out the vmlinux size et. all...
nm: .tmp_vmlinux1: no symbols No valid symbol. make: *** [.tmp_kallsyms1.S] Error 1
Any ideas? Googling turns up UML and Binutils related things but nothing on the kernel itself... Thanks much. If you guys compiled the 188.8.131.52 with gcc-3.4.5 (I have a feeling you did), did you encounter this and if so, what was the fix? Thanks again...
Nevermind guys... I'm a victim of my own stupidity...
[root@darkstar ~] echo $LDFLAGS -s
Heh...Heh.. Uh......... Opps.
Other related posts:
- » [slackintosh-users] Compiling kernel with gcc-3.4.5
- » [slackintosh-users] Re: Compiling kernel with gcc-3.4.5