[slackintosh-users] Compiling kernel with gcc-3.4.5

  • From: Jon <jgrosshart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Slackintosh list <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:59:40 -0500

Greets all. I seem to be having a bit of a problem compiling any kernel (specifically using the updated gcc-3.4.5... Using 3.3.6 however works just fine.

I get no errors whatsoever during the 'make vmlinux' until the very end where it is about to spit out the vmlinux size et. all...

nm: .tmp_vmlinux1: no symbols
No valid symbol.
make: *** [.tmp_kallsyms1.S] Error 1

Any ideas? Googling turns up UML and Binutils related things but nothing on the kernel itself... Thanks much. If you guys compiled the with gcc-3.4.5 (I have a feeling you did), did you encounter this and if so, what was the fix? Thanks again...