[slackintosh-users] Re: Closing down Slackintosh-current (and Slackintosh-12.1 soon)

  • From: Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:59:05 +0100 (CET)

----- Original Message -----
> I would be interested in building some packages for Slack 12.1.
You're welcome! We used to have a wiki page with community repositories for
extra software but, err..., it got lost :-P

> I had this running on my iBook Dual USB (600MHz), and it was easily
> the most compatible Linux build on PPC macs (ALL FEATURES WORK OUT OF
> THE BOX!!! including FUNCTION KEYS!!!).
eheh, I spent quite some time on having a working out of the box pbbuttonsd

> I will image my existing OS9.2.2 drive, and get it back up and
> running with Slack. I will probably build a few source packages with the
> default toolchain, and if I have any luck, I will try and introduce
> some strange and interesting packages to the mix.
I do not want to be the joy killer here but, please, if you want to keep up
Slackintosh please strictly follow the Slackware distribution: we introduced a
mac/ directory to distribute just the minimum required software needed to work
with powerpc machines (the boot loader, disk partioning and mounting tools,
hotkeys management)

Ciao,
Marco

--