[slackintosh-users] Re: Closing down Slackintosh-current (and Slackintosh-12.1 soon)

  • From: Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:56:14 +0100 (CET)

----- Original Message -----
> Do you guys have a manual on how to set up the development
> environment?
no, not really.

Building patches for Slackintosh-12.1 is quite simple: I have a local up to
date mirror of needed Slackware tree, once an update is out I upload selected
Slackware sources to my build machine.
On the build machine, I slightly modify the SlackBuilds: since latest versions
it just means adding the PowerPC target to the script ARCH and SLKCFLAGS
selections and lowering the number of parallels builds as I do not have snmp
machines :-P
In some very rare occasion, you probably also have to take a look at shipped
patches and modify them in order to finish a build.
Once the package is ready, I run some quick tests to see if the main binaries
are still working then I write the entry inside the ChangeLog.txt, sign the new
packages and upload everything to workaraound.ch.

Keeping Slackintosh-current up requires the same exact steps above, in addition
you will have to track dependencies yourself so it will be a bumpy ride. LFS:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ is a great source of information if you
want to embark in this adventure.

--
Marco Bonetti