[slackintosh-users] Re: Closing down Slackintosh-current (and Slackintosh-12.1 soon)

  • From: Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:24:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi Jesse,
sorry for being quite silent during the last two weeks but the Real Life
required some attention, lately :)
I've talked to Adrian and we're more than happy that you volunteer yourself to
keep Slackintosh going, well done!
Now, on the details: Adrian would like to close down the write access to
workaround.ch. This mean you have to provide your own server for the new
Slackintosh home (I think this is quickly becoming a "Slackintosh curse": you
want to maintain it? Bring Your Own Server!).
Space requirements are ridiculous: an housed Mac mini will be just perfect. For
keeping network costs low, instead, we could aid you mirroring the distribution
on workaround.ch and I can also probably bring back slackintosh.slackware.it,
if needed.
Let us know what do you think!

Ciao,
Marco