[SKYWARN RI] Winter Weather Outlook

  • From: TVSMESO@xxxxxxx
  • To: skywarnri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:31:42 EST

Hello all...

...Below is the National Weather Services Hazardous Weather Outlook.  Two
storm systems this weekend should dump some more snow for us.  Coastal RI
should see more snow than interior RI.  Its still far to tell the total
amount of inches in our area...but below is what the NWS expects.  I will
keep everyone updated on these events...emails will be posted as soon as I
know more.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...

LOW PRESSURE IS FORECAST TO PASS SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND SATURDAY.
MOST OF THE SNOW WITH THIS SYSTEM SHOULD AFFECT LOCATIONS ALONG AND
SOUTH OF THE MASS PIKE...WHERE AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE MOST
LIKELY.  SNOWFALL OF 1 TO 3 INCHES SHOULD REACH AS FAR NORTH AS THE
ROUTE 2 CORRIDOR.  TOTALS APPROACHING 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ALONG
THE IMMEDIATE SOUTH COAST...CAPE COD AND THE ISLANDS.  THE SNOW IS
EXPECTED TO TAPER OFF SATURDAY EVENING.  CONFIDENCE IN THIS SCENARIO
IS 60 PERCENT.

WIND CHILLS SATURDAY NIGHT MAY ONCE AGAIN APPROACH 15 BELOW TO
25 BELOW ZERO.

ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO TRACK OFF THE MID
ATLANTIC COAST MONDAY...AND TRACK A LITTLE FARTHER SOUTH THAN THE
ONE ON SATURDAY.  THIS WOULD BRING MOST OF THE SNOW TO RHODE ISLAND
AND SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...WHERE A FEW INCHES OF ACCUMULATION ARE
MOST LIKELY.  CONFIDENCE WITH THIS SECOND STORM IS LOW...ONLY 30
PERCENT.

.SPOTTER CALL TO ACTION STATEMENT...
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

Submitted By,

Edward Cayer Jr(WX1USA)
RI SKYWARN Coordinator
www.riskywarn.us