[SKYWARN RI] Winter Weather Message(2)

  • From: TVSMESO@xxxxxxx
  • To: skywarnri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:00:04 EST

Hello all...

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory this
morning for Northern CT, All of RI and Southeast MA.  Snow should begin in
are area late this morning....around 9-10am and give us a total of 3-5 inches
in parts of Eastern and Western Kent county...and 4-6 inches in Bristol,
Newport and Washington countys, and lighter 2-4 inches in Northern RI before
all is said an done.  This appears to be a light snow, so it will tend to
stick alot quicker.
Snow should end later this evening, so allow extra time for driving on your
afternoon commute home.  I will be monitoring 146.760(scituate) Repeater all
day, taking snowfall reports...so please send me them either over the
repeater...or send me an email and I will forward them.

Another coastal storm may bring us some more snow here tues night into weds
night..and also late friday afternoon into saturday...where we could see
another snow event here.

Next update will be posted by 12noon today...

Below is the National Weather Services Advisory Text :

CTZ002>004-MAZ017>019-RIZ001>004-101634-
EASTERN KENT RI-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-HARTFORD CT-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-
NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-TOLLAND CT-
WESTERN KENT RI-WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-WINDHAM CT-
400 AM EST MON FEB 10 2003

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY TODAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
TODAY FOR PARTS OF NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHERN RHODE
ISLAND...AND SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS. THE ADVISORY INCLUDES
HARTFORD...WILLIMANTIC...PROVIDENCE...WARWICK...TAUNTON...AND
PLYMOUTH.

SNOW BEGINNING LATE THIS MORNING WILL ACCUMULATE BETWEEN 3 AND 5
INCHES. THE SNOW WILL THEN TAPER OFF LATE THIS EVENING.

THE SNOW WILL MAKE ROADWAYS SLICK...SO MOTORISTS ARE URGED TO DRIVE
WITH CAUTION. PAY ATTENTION TO CHANGING ROAD CONDITIONS. SLOW DOWN...
AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.
$$

MAZ020>024-RIZ005>007-101634-
BARNSTABLE MA-BRISTOL RI-DUKES MA-NANTUCKET MA-NEWPORT RI-
SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-WASHINGTON RI-
400 AM EST MON FEB 10 2003

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY TODAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
TODAY FOR SOUTH COASTAL SECTIONS OF RHODE ISLAND AND MASSACHUSETTS.
THE ADVISORY INCLUDES WESTERLY...NEWPORT...FALL RIVER...NEW
BEDFORD...HYANNIS...MARTHAS VINEYARD...AND NANTUCKET.

SNOW BEGINNING LATE THIS MORNING WILL ACCUMULATE BETWEEN 4 AND 6
INCHES. THE SNOW WILL THEN TAPER OFF LATE THIS EVENING.

THE SNOW WILL MAKE ROADWAYS SLICK...SO MOTORISTS ARE URGED TO DRIVE
WITH CAUTION. PAY ATTENTION TO CHANGING ROAD CONDITIONS. SLOW DOWN...
AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.
$$

JN/WTB

Submitted By,

Edward Cayer Jr(WX1USA)