[SKYWARN RI] Weekend Weather Event

  • From: TVSMESO@xxxxxxx
  • To: skywarnri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:56:58 EST

Hello all...

... A large low pressure system is forecasted to head towards are area for
late Friday into early Sunday morning.  This event will be a rain event, and
may mix with sleet or freezing rain in coastal sections.  The amount of
precip that is anticipated at this time is from 1 to 2 inches of rain, and
could be more if the storm tracks more over Nantucket.  Now if this was a
snow event, that would be 10 to 20 inches of snow.

The snow that we just revieved, added with the rain from this system could
cause structures to give way.

....Looks like we could get more snow for Tues into Weds of next
week...Snowfall from this event is unsure at this time.  I will post more on
here during the weekend on these events.

....Come and Join are net tonight at 9pm on the 146.760 repeater.
Martin(N1JMA) does a great job, and you should show support by coming in and
sharing a few words.

Submitted By,

Edward Cayer Jr(WX1USA)
RI SKYWARN Coordinator