[SKRIVA] Ny "officiell" Holmes-roman i november

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:44:56 +0200

I november kommer Anthony Horowitz'nya Sherlock Holmes-roman, House of Silk:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/apr/12/sherlock-holmes-novel-anthony-horowitz

"The book, his publishers promise, is "stunning", and the title has just been
revealed for the first time.
The book is set in 1890, but as written by Watson in a retirement home, a year
after the death of Holmes. The story opens with a train robbery in Boston, and
moves to the innocuous setting of Wimbledon – but, Holmes says, the tale was
too monstrous, too appalling to reveal until now. "It is no exaggeration to say
it could tear apart the very fabric of society", he writes in the prologue.
Horowitz is on a book tour in the US, but announced the title in a filmed
interview, shown at a reception at the London Book Fair. The book is finished,
and in a safe at his publishers, Orion. Jon Wood of Orion has read it – in one
sitting – and obviously refused to reveal who dunnit, or any further hints
about the plot.
The 85,000-word book will be published in hardback on November 1, in a "very
large" edition "I think it is going to be an absolute publishing sensation,"
Wood said. "It has all the quality of the original, but with a much more modern
pace and sensibility."
Horowitz said he had added very little to Holmes, having loved him since he
first read the stories at the age of 16. The corpses he left across his scripts
for television series such as Midsomer Murders and Foyle's War owed a lot to
his early infatuation with the great consulting detective.
"I have tried to be very, very careful. I really do admire these stories, and I
would not want to take any liberties."

Det lär vara Arthur Conan DOyles släkt som auktoriserat Horowitz som
holmesförfattare.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur