[YPS SIG] Re: So, any ideas for November 2nd?

For basic digital correction and manipulation I would agree with the FE
course statement but I was going to suggest maybe a SIG around more
advanced skills needed for Matte Painting, compositing and more surreal
photo imagery. Basically using a variety of 2D and 3D elements to construct
an image such as still plates for movie backgrounds, film posters or album
covers.

Being new though I don't know what the group's feelings on this area of
digital photography is and whether previous discussions have already
decided against such options, I wouldn't want to tread on anyone's toes
over this.

Here are a few examples.

http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/ssvfx_game_of_thrones

http://mattepainting.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1273