[sib-access] Re: two plug-ins?

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:39:36 +0100

Vytautas,

Changing the keyboard layout from desktop to laptop shouldn't affect the
plug-in at all, because the keystroke is the same in both layouts.

The problem with the two JKM files will only be an issue if one of those JKM
files came from beta 1, and that file would have to be in my settings and
not in shared settings. The easiest way to check is to do the following:
1. press JAWS+8 to open the keyboard manager
2. When the keyboard manager opens, Sibelius 5 should be selected in the
list of applications.
3. You can check this by pressing JAWS+T. The application will be spoken as
part of the title of the keyboard manager, e.g. "Sibelius 5.JKM. Keyboard
manager".
4. Tab to the list of scripts and keystrokes.
5. Find the script called "plug-in mode".
6. The keystroke should be Ctrl+Alt+Shift+0.

You shouldn't have a problem if this is the keystroke you see. If you see
the keystroke Ctrl+Grahv then you probably have the two JKM files problem.

> I still have to do my temporary fixing of the "stop plug-in" thing.

Can you remind me what it is that you have to do? This is quite important
because I really need to make sure that the plug-in is running smoothly.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk