[sib-access] Re: my navigation issue

  • From: jp.rykiel@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:53:52 +0200

Dan,
There are 2 more things i would like to check with you regarding the 2 other
folder contained in the Sibelius Access package.
1. When i copied the Sibelius software folder into my application data folder,
i was not asked if i wanted to replace an existing folder. I had no previous
versions of Sibelius on my computer, but still i wonder.

2. Is it possibal that, because i use French Windows, the registry keys would
be in the wrong place?
Cheers.
JPR

-- msg original --
Sujet: [sib-access] Re: my navigation issue
De: jp.rykiel@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 23.09.2008 17:10

Ok Dan.
I'm away but i'll do this later to night and let you know.
The windows tool fix is working, at least it says it is.
Cheers,
JPR

-- msg original --
De: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23.09.2008 16:16

Jean-Philippe,

the eamils have got a little confused, are you having problems with the fix
tool windows function?

As for the problem with the same message being spoken when you try to
navigate, there may be a solution, but it's a little complicated.  You need
to change the keystroke in the Sibelius preferences dialog and a constant in
the JAWS script files.

First, follow the instructions for adding the plug-in keystroke, but instead
of adding Control+GraveAccent, add the keystroke ALT+CONTROL+SHIFT+0.

Next, press Insert+0 to open the script manager.
Press Control+O to bring up the open file dialog.
You need to open the file "Sibelius5.jsh".
To do this you'll need to tab to the "Files of type" combo box and choose
header.
Then tab round to the list of files and choose Sibelius5.jsh.
 In this file, press Control+F to bring up the find dialog.
Type in "cksDescribe" and press enter.
You should be on a line which reads:
cksDescribePlugin= "Control+`", ; keystroke for calling the plug-in

You need to change this line so that it reads:
cksDescribePlugin= "Control+Alt+Shift+0", ; keystroke for calling the
plug-in

Now press Control+S to save the file.
Close that file.
You should now be in the Sibelius.JSS file.
Press Control+S to recompile the script.
Now close the script manager and return to Sibelius.

Try moving around and let me know what happens.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of