[sib-access] Re: lyrics

  • From: "Chris Google Goodwin" <cands.goodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:29:25 -0000

Stephanie,

The reference manual section 3.3 starting on page 184 explains lyrics quite
well.  Suggest you convert the PDF version reached with F1 from Sibelius
into text first.

I recently did lyrics to my version of Baa baa Black Sheep just to give it a
go and it was straightforward after reading the first part of section 3.3.

Go to the note where the lyrics start.  In Create / Text / Lyrics  or using
control + L, enter the first word.  Hit enter to complete a word and then
space bar to move onto the next note.  If a note has only a sylabul
associated with it, put a hypen after the text, hit enter and then space to
move on.  I think its escape to leave lyrics mode.  Then when you use the
arrow keys to move through the score the lyric is red out  before the note
information.

That's the basics anyway.  Hope the manual gives you more detail.

Cheerio,

Chris