[sib-access] Re: expression markingsand the word menu

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:21:31 +0100

I refer you all to a message I posted on this a while ago.

"The only things which are changed through the Sibelius Software folder are
the plug-ins and the keystrokes in Sibelius itself."

"If you've added your own keystrokes then I'm afraid  that you'll have to
add them yourself, but I don't suppose that you've added many. The
"preferences" that you mentioned will most likely refer to options that you
set in the preferences dialog, and these are mostly stored in registry keys.
The only keys which are changed relate to tool windows and the smoothing
level of the score. These are options which you should definitely accept
because they make life much easier."

Unfortunately, there is no way to keep your old keystrokes because the
command set file which holds them needs to be replaced. I'm looking into
whether it might be possible to work around this problem but for now you'll
have to replace your custom word menu keystrokes after the installation.

Regarding the location of the keystrokes, there kept in a file with the
extension *.sfs and you can find it in:
C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Application Data\Sibelius
Software\Sibelius 5\Menus and Shortcuts.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk