[sib-access] Re: deleting every thing on one stave

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:06:24 -0000

Hi Dave,

You wrote: interesting that only a single system is affected in your third
scenario. So to clarify, if my page has 8 systems of piano grand staff and
I've selected the expression text on the third system down and then press
Ctrl-Shift-A and then delete, I only delete expression text on that third
system and all others are unaffected?

Absolutely, you'd only be deleting the expressions on that one system.

You wrote: This would seem to be a bit difficult for the blind to determine
the extent of a delete operation, to know exactly what bars are affected.

You'll be pleased to hear that in beta two Control + Shift + A not only
makes the selection but also reports the bar and position of the first and
last items in the selection.  Also, selecting an entire chord or bar will
also be reported properly.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk

W/r Ctrl-Shift-A for selection being context-sensitive -- that's absolutely
wonderful information. It would help to explain why I've not always been a
fan of that keystroke, now I know why.

Interesting that only a single system is affected in your third scenario. So
to clarify, if my page has 8 systems of piano grand staff and I've selected
the expression text on the third system down and then press Ctrl-Shift-A and
then delete, I only delete expression text on that third system and all
others are unaffected?

This would seem to be a bit difficult for the blind to determine the extent
of a delete operation, to know exactly what bars are affected. Of course
using the Alt+f2 to list out the pages/systems can help.

Again, thanks for the details.