[sib-access] creating an aditional staff only for a selected passage

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:21:47 +0200

Hi
According to sibelius manual it is possible to create an aditional staff of
a selected passage. For example: Two violins are playing two rhythmically
nearly identical voices for a couple of bars; so it is best to write them in
one staff. after that the voices get rhythmically and melodically so
complicated, that it is best to have them split on two staves and then they
calm down and return on one staff. The expression for this is: "divisi". How
canI reproduce this scenario? I know, that I could just insert an aditional
violin staff and after that just select hide empty staves to hide not used
passages, but for the purpose of an XML-export test, I want to do it the
other way.
Many thanks