From: sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Rugman
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:54 PM
To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sib-access] Re: creating a tie

Hi Claudio,

I've pasted my original reply to this below.

---

It sounds like Sibelius doesn't like your number pad.  This doesn't come as
a surprise to me.  I'll be working on a laptop layout for the next release,
which should hopefully fix this for you perminantly.  In the mean time, your
best bet is to create a new keystroke in the preferences dialog.  I'd
suggest using SHIFT+ENTER since this is not used by Sibelius or JAWS.

Do the following:

Press CONTROL+COMMA to open the preferences dialog.
Pres SHIFT+TAB once.
You should be in a list box called "showing page"
Select the item "Menus and Shortcuts".
Press TAB once.
You should be in a combo box and the selected item should be "Access (user
copy).
If it isn't, select that item.
Press TAB again.
You should be in a list box called "menu or category".
Select the item "Keypad (all)"
Press TAB again.
You should be in a list box called "Feature".
Select the item "Enter on keypad".
TAB to the "Add" button and press space.
Another dialog opens called "add keystroke".
Press SHIFT+ENTER on the main keyboard.
Tab to the OK button and press SPACE.
The add keystroke dialog closes and you'll be returned to the preferences
dialog.
Tab to the OK button and press it.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.

unsubscribe - in the Subject line to:
sib-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sib-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx