[sib-access] Re: composing with Sibelius

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:23:59 -0600

All of that is possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean Philippe
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:13 AM
To: sibaccess
Subject: [sib-access] composing with Sibelius

Dear all,
I wonder if it is really possible to compose a piece of music sitting at
your PC, without writing it in Braille first. I guess a sighted composer
would see the first voice he wrote on the screen and thus be able to
harmonise it or write counterpoint to it. But how do we do it if we don't
have an exceptional memory? Does someone know if it's possible to hear one
voice while writing another, or maybe writing several voices simultaneously
? I heard that in previous versions of Sibelius, vertical feedback was
possible. Maybe that would help. Any advice is welcome, Cheers, JPR

http://myspace.com/jeanphilipperykiel