[sib-access] clef and pitch

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:37:24 +0100

Hi
I wrote a piano score, where the left hand plays very low notes during about
40 measures. There were to many legger lines, that I decided to insert bass
down eight clef for this passage. I selected all this measures and inserted
my clef, but the notes didn't move up, as expected and of course the legger
lines remained. Shouldn't they have moved up automatically? I had to move
them up manually; now the score looks ok, but of course the sound isn't the
same. Can I fix this? Have I done something wrong with my clef change? I
seem to remember, that once, when I had used such a clef change, the notes
moved automatically to the desired place on the staff and the pitch remained
the same. Or am I dreaming?
Many thanks for help