[sib-access] Re: changing instrument names of a grand staff

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:51:14 +0100

It's easy enough.

1. Create a grand staff.
2. Open the Instrument Names dialog from the control F1 dialog.
3. Select the grand staff in the list of instruments.
4. Enter the new full name and short name in the edit boxes.
5. Choose OK.

This changes the staff name.

The only problem is that the instrument names may be set to none which means
that they won't be visible on screen.  To turn them on you need to do the
following:

1. Open the engraving rules dialog (CONTROL+SHIFT+E).
2. The first list after the OK button determines which page is visible.
Choose instruments.
3. In the combo box titled "instrument names at start" choose full.
4. In the combo box titled "instrument names subsequently" choose short.
5. OK the dialog.

The instrument names should now be showing.

The new name of the grand staff should be positioned half way between the
two staves of the grand staff.

(Wow, there's a tongue twister.)

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of