[sib-access] Re: Working with large scores

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:27:37 -0600

Dan,'   The trouble with focus on staves is that if you have anything new
selected when you reuse focus on staves, your original focus on staves will
be lost.  The recommendation was put forward with the assumption that one
would always select the entire score between before using the hide empty
staves command.  You would also add additional staves to the shown selection
by selecting the entire score and then choosing show empty staves followed
by highlighted the one new staff you'd like to add and then scrolling
through the result to see that only one new staff had been added.  You would
then always enable show all staves before laying out or printing the score.

One word of warning. Changing the hide or show empty staves option will
*dramatically* alter the layout of the score. It also only applies to
selected bars. So, if you use this approach, make sure that you do a final
pass for hiding and showing staves throughout the entire score before you
print.

It's better to use focus on staves for this.