[sib-access] Re: Trouble With Piano Music

Annabelle,

I need to know the playback device options that you chose in the MIDI export
dialog as well.

A lot of people play the left hand in and then go back and do the right
hand. This is the only way to ensure that the right notes are on the right
staff. So, it not only makes sense to me, but it doesn't surprise me in the
slightest. In fact, I question the wisdom of playing both hands in at the
same time regardless of whether you're using a DAW or a notation package.

Sibelius should export this properly, with each staff of the grand staff on
a different track, although they may share the same channel. This doesn't
matter though because you can easily change the channel and port in Sonar.

It sounds like an option has been set somewhere which is combining the grand
staff staves into one track. I'll need to hunt around for it though.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk