[sib-access] Re: Trouble With Piano Music

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:35:59 +0100

>I'm trying to export a Sibelius Score I made of Piano music as a MIDI file,
and it seems there's something wrong with this picture. Instead of going to
separate tracks, all the music is in one track, going to one channel. I
specifically said in the preferences section that I wanted it to have
multiple channels for keyboard instruments, and it seems Sibelius won't
cooperate with me when exporting the MIDI. What the heck is up with that?

It sounds like you exported it as MIDI type 0 instead of MIDI type 1. When
you open File > Export > MIDI there is a pair of radio buttons labelled type
1 and type 0. Make sure that type 1 is checked.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk