[sib-access] Re: Sib Access under Windows 7

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:12:23 -0000

Google is your friend!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

George.

-----Original Message-----
From: sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Bosher
Sent: 16 December 2009 15:05
To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sib-access] Re: Sib Access under Windows 7

Hi George,

Good points.   I'm still very new to Windows 7, liking it so far, but
not familiar with all the ins and outs.  So how does this work?  I
seem to have Windows 7 Professional, but I thought it would have
offered me the option of running in XP mode when I tried to install
an older programme.   How do you tell it to use XP mode?

Best,

Peter

At 12:52 PM 12/16/2009, you wrote:
>I think it is VERY important to specify exactly what version of
>Windows 7 we are referring to here.
>
>Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate versions (but NOT Home Versions)
>have a Windows XP Mode option.
>
>I have used this on quite a few occasions, and have been pleasantly
>surprised to find that even programs which have not worked for me
>under Vista, work on my Windows 7 Ultimate systems.

*******

Peter Bosher,
Email: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.soundlinks.com/