[sib-access] Re: Problem reporting ties and articulations in Sib5.

  • From: "Farfar Being Himself" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:12:46 -0800

All,

Here's something to try. With Sibelius open, press Insert+f2 and then arrow
to the settings center. Type the word delay and you'll bring up the Text Out
delay setting. This is nominally 20 milliseconds.
Tab to allow editing of this and set it to a number like 500 (which is a
delay of 1/2 second. Tab back and save the changes.

See if this resolves the problem. I'm thinking that JAWS may be reading the
graphics status too soon after the keypress, before the graphic changes to
indicate the correct state.

An ultimate solution may require that you go to your display performance and
set it to accelerate graphics so that the graphics update more quickly. Not
sure, as I don't yet experience this problem myself.