[sib-access] Re: Panorama View vs. Page View

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:08:19 -0000

The panorama view displays the score as one endless system, as though it was
written on a roll in stead of on separate sheets. As far as I understand it,
the music scrolls along, where as in the page view, things jump around a bit
as you go from one system to the next. A lot of sighted composers prefer
using it because they don't get distracted by the layout issues.

Not sure about the classroom. There could be a problem using it if the
students had print outs to follow, since they would be looking at page
layouts and not a panoramic one.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
for visually-impaired musicians and home of Sibelius Access