[sib-access] Not hearing system items when arrowing to notes

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:55:32 -0500

Dan,
        As an experiment, I wrote some notes and placed a crescendo hairpin
under some of them.  When I arrowed from a note not covered by the hairpin
to the first note covered by the hairpin, I didn't hear anything about the
hairpin.  Shift tabbing from the first note covered by the hairpin put me on
the hairpin and yielded the message, "Crescendo.  Voice 0.  3.5 quarters
from bar 1, quarter 1.5 to bar 1, quarter 5."  I assume JAWS refers to bar 1
quarter 5 in 4/4 when it really means the x y position of the bar line at
the end of the bar.  It would probably be useful to develop a command to
repeat the last thing JAWS said, particularly in the case of complicated
messages.  I'm also not hearing the system messages in a tutor voice as your
documentation says I should.
Thanks,
Kevin