[sib-access] Re: Mag layout and parts

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:15:33 -0800

Kevin,

According to the user guide, if Magnetic Layout is checked in the Layout
menu, it's always in force and continually adjusting the staff and system
items relative to the staves.

Optimize staff spacing has given me some bad results. I started with a score
with two pages and 17 staves in Sib 5 (8 on first page, 9 on second page)
evenly spread top-to-bottom.

After using the optimize staff spacing, all the staves were pressed toward
the top of each page, with about 30% blank white space at the bottom of
each. I wasn't happy with that result.