[sib-access] Re: Laptop and note durations.

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:29:36 -0000

Hi Alison,

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm putting together some topics for laptop
users but I need to make them consistent with the other topics I'm working
on so it may be a few days before I can get something out.

In the meantime, you need to check which keyboard layout Sibelius itself is
using.

If you open the preferences dialog (Ctrl+Comma) you'll find a list of about
15 items. These are the pages of the dialog and the first item will be
"display". Arrow down to "menus and shortcuts" and then press tab once. This
should put you in a combo box which lets you choose which keyboard layout to
use.

Just to make things interesting, JAWS will tell you that this combo box is
called "menus and shortcuts".

You need to select the item called "AccessLaptop" and then press the OK
button to close the dialog.

Hope this helps,

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk