[sib-access] Help With Triplets

  • From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:12:53 -0700

Hi, it's Annabelle.
It seems I'm having a bit of trouble with writing triplets. I'm working on a
song that I wrote, "Tante Lucy", which has sort of a reggae beat to it, kind
of like the rhythmic feel of Bob Marley's tune, "Is This Love". Would you
consider that reggae? Or is that more like jazz? From what I understand, the
main rhythm of "Is This Love" has triplets. However, I'm not exactly sure
which kind of triplets they are, whether they're dotted-quarter-eighth
notes, or dotted-eighth-sixteenth notes. It sort of has this "Bouncy bouncy
bouncy bouncy" beat, like dribbling a basketball. How would I write this
kind of "bouncing ball" reggae beat?