[sib-access] Re: Follow-up to "Slamming on the breaks."

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 20:27:48 +0100

The keystrokes that move you between voices are purely Sibelius Access
functions.  The method which Sibelius itself provides is a real faff.

The reason I opted to have the first note in the bar selected is because it
avoids confusion.  The problem is that if the rhythms were different then
you might end up on a note which started before or after the selected one in
the other voice.

I could make the ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW feature work in the following way:
1. the item in the next voice at the same position will be selected.
2. If there is no item at that position, then the item which starts
immediately before that position will be selected.
3. If there are no items in the next voice within that bar, then the
selection will not change.

Any opinions?

If people are happy with the feature as it is then I'm more than willing to
leave it be.  There's no sense in doing work for its own sake.

Dan Rugman
Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
The new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of