[sib-access] FW: Re: The properties window is closed and needs to be opened

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:21:12 -0500

Jus to be even clearer, If you press space, you don't necessarily have to
press y to bring you back to the point from which you started playback.
That's only necessary if you want to use space again to restart play from
the last playback position.  If you press space to stop play and then press
p instead of pressing space to resume play, you will start play from the
place where you last started play without hearing the message about the
properties window.
        I happened to be watching the screen carefully and I've determined
that the properties play message is activated because, even though the
properties window reappears the instant escape is pressed, JAWS, or the
plugin, doesn't know that fast enough, I suppose.  Anyway, using the escape
key is simply a habit I have to break since nothing is actually failing.
        Dan, you're awesome.
Kevin

Actually, just to be clear, pressing y after space returns you to the place
from where you last started playback regardless of where that was.  That's
actually a good thing.  Not withstanding that, however, it probably would be
useful to find out just why escape causes jaws to behave as it does. Kevin