[sib-access] Changing instruments

  • From: "Chris Google Goodwin" <cands.goodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:30:19 -0000

Hi all,

I've been sent some .sib files which has a recorder stave and a piano stave
in.  or rather, that is how it should be played, but the melody on the
recorder part is actually being sounded out as a piano when I play the
music.

I want to change it so that Sibelius replays the music with a recorder
sound.

the only way I've managed to do this is by using Create / Instrument,
inserting a descant recorder stave, copying the notes to the new recorder
stave  and then deleting the old recorder come piano melody stave.

Is there a simpler way?

Regards,

Chris