[sib-access] Bracket

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:29:13 -0500

Hello Everyone,

A sighted colleague is recommending that I put a bracket on a particular
note in the bass staff of a piano part. The bracket would indicate that the
note should actually be played with the right hand, but musicality calls for
that note to be written in its current staff. He describes the bracket as
being l-shaped. Does anyone know what such a bracket is actually called, so
I can see if I can find it in Sibelius? So, most likely the answer would
need to come from someone familiar with print music symbols. The only
brackets in Sibelius that I know of are either one that goes around a note
head, or one that goes around an accidental.

Thanks for any help I can get on this.

Dale