[sib-access] Re: Advice wanted - how to learn new pieces - Sibelius, Lime Aloud or something else?

  • From: "Vince Mistretta" <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:01:45 -0500

I'm starting out with this just as you are.  I can answer as much as I know
so far from using Dan's scripts for about 2 weeks.

1. Yes, the scripts work with Jaws 8.  I'm using 8.0.437 right now.

2. No fingering, but it will tell you the notes of a chord as it appears on
the staff, position within the bar and placement within the tempo.  I'm just
really learning how to use it to the best advantage point for my learning.

You do have to take one staff at a time and go through the bars.  If you use
the key sequence to go to the next staff, it will show you the nearest
object closest to that object you were on on the other staff.

Go through Dan's Design Guide and you will find some interesting information
there.  The Access Guide is part of the scripts them selves, but there's
quite a bit of info there too.

Give me more info on your source for SIB files.  I found one which has quite
a bit of interesting pieces but I can't remember the site.  I usually Google
"Piano .SIB SheetMusic" and find it.  I haven't joined the site as a member
yet, but they do give free downloads to members and discounts for them too.
This weekend I'm going to work on some holiday music to get my basic skills
up to par.

Vince Mistretta
Cellular - 561-234-7631
Skype - vin5451 (email me to request Skype conversation)