[sib-access] Re: Advice wanted - how to learn new pieces - Sibelius, Lime Aloud or something else?

  • From: "Vince Mistretta" <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:36:52 -0500

Chris,

First, you will probably do better with SIB.  That is what I am doing right
now in my spare time.

If you look out on Ebay you can find SIB 5 full for much better prices than
the original price and it is from authorized dealers.  If you are a student
and have verification, you can save much more if you purchase the academic
license version.  The price comes up about the same for the full version as
Lime Aloud.  The other is that Lime, if I read correctly, only will import
Music XML files, where SIB will import many different types of files.

I would definitely go with SIB since it was used widely in the music
community.  There are a few sites which will sell the .SIB files in
different versions.  Don't go with the Scorch Files since they will only
give you the ability to print the file.  I'm still researching how tocapture
the .SIB file.

Vince Mistretta
Cellular - 561-234-7631
Skype - vin5451 (email me to request Skype conversation)