[sib-access] Advice wanted - how to learn new pieces - Sibelius, Lime Aloud or something else?

  • From: "Chris Google Goodwin" <cands.goodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:23:04 -0000

Hi,

I want to restart playing the piano and guitar now I have discovered
electronic tools like Lime Aloud and Sibelius with the access scripts for
Jaws.  I can't read music Braille, or in fact any type of Braille.

Can anyone give their thoughts on good ways to learn new repeatoire?  Is
Lime Aloud good enough (and its cheaper), or is Sibelius with the access
scripts a better choice (though more expensive), or are there other tools
out there?  Should I invest in learning music Braille?

Thanks for any help,

Chris