[SI-LIST] Re: to what extent recovered clock depends on the serdes ref clock

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:05:30 -0700

Venkat,

A recovered clock if one is available should always match the incoming
data rate.
If you are observing different behavior, I don't think it can be the
recovered clock.

I don't know if an IBM HSS serdes TX can accept a recovered clock as
reference. I have never seen it used that way. If the TX has to use the
local reference clock, your device will need to implement PCS
functionality to descramble/decode, add/remove characters (to handle the
ppm difference) and scramble/code the data back before re-transmitting.

Thanks,
Vinu

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: