[SI-LIST] Re: to what extent recovered clock depends on the serdes ref clock

  • From: prasad <hariprasad.palli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike Brown <bmgman@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:59:27 +0530

Hi All,
thank everyone  a lot  for taking your time to clarify.

what i understand from your replys is the recovered clock need not
necessarly be tracking the input stream of data. please Correct me
otherwise.

in that case, lets say i have to design a repeater/regenerator, where  on
one side the Rx takes the data and then it just re-drives the data on other
side, with out chaning timing. In this case, i mus be providing the
recovered clock in the Rx section to the ref clock for the following
section's Tx.

in the above scenario, if there is any off set in the input ref clock to
the Rx section, even though the data doesnt have any ppm offset, but my Tx
on the following section transmits with offset? ( as the recovered clock
doesnt entirely track the incoming signal but ref clock).

please clarify.

Thanks,
VEnkat

List forum  is accessible at: