[SI-LIST] Re: test point position

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amprajna@xxxxxxxxxx, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:27:44 -0700

Pooma, you need to answer a couple of questions for yourself first:

1. What do you want to get from the test points?  Static connectivity?  At
speed functional test?  Lab characterization?
2. What do you intend to connect to the test points, and what signal levels
do you require?  Are these "pogo" pins going to an ATE?
What does the interconnect model of the probe to its amplifier look like?
3. How much signal margin can you afford for the test points, unloaded and
loaded by whatever probe(s) and interconnect that will contact them?

Then you can rationally approach the problem.

Regards,

Steve.
At 11:23 AM 10/21/2003 +0530, poorna wrote:
>Hello All,
>In my application I need to provide test points for monitoring 125MHz and
>33MHz signals.Can I go for through hole test points?I would like to know if
>I can put these test points direclty in the path of the signal trace or
>should I tap the signal and then provide the test points?which option is
>better?
>Thanks in advance,
>Poorna.

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list