[SI-LIST] Re: stripline return paths etc.

  • From: "Bharathan, Jayapratap" <jayapratap_b@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <lalexman@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:43:25 -0600

Hello all,
I have this general question with me. (I'm a beginner)
Suppose, if a High Frequency Signal Line is surrounded by a solid GND plane
on one side and a SPLIT GND plane on the other side, & supposing that the
solid GND plane is closer to the signal Line, the return path will be thru
the solid GND plane, since the High Frequency Signal takes the path of least
inductance (a smaller loop).

If this is the case, will it still matter if a high frequency signal Line
has a split plane next to it?

Thank you,

-JP
(Bharathan, Jayapratap)