[SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V5 #210

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:51:44 -0700

From the Handbook of Physics

Semiconductors..."At absolute zero the ideal structure is an insulator.  At
elevated temperatures, electrons can be thermally excited from the valence
band to the conduction band, giving intrinsic conductivity from equal number
of conduction electrons and holes....."

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008
503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com
tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
401-284-1827

Teraspeed is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC