[SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V3 #194

  • From: "Thomas Beneken" <beneken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:04:57 +0200

Hello Sainath,

inductance is the proportional factor between the current and the magnetic
flux. So far Your idea is ok. But calculating magnetic flux from magnetic
field requires an integration across a closed surface surrounding the
conductor carrying the current. So - as You see - You will not get a
inductance distribution over conductor length but only an integral value for
the conductor enclosed in the chosen sphere.

Sorry,
Thomas

> Msg: #12 in digest
> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:55:35 -0800
> From: "Sainath Nimmagadda" <gigabit@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [SI-LIST] Microstrip Inductance
>
> Hello experts:
>
> For a microstrip, we know the magnetic field distribution(for
> example,
> Fig. 2.3 Stephen Hall's book) and current density
> distribution(Fig. 4.5
> same book). Given these, how would you obtain the inductance
> distribution?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sainath

List archives are viewable at: