[SI-LIST] Re: risetime effects of plane breaks

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:44:14 -0800

Istvan I think we are talking about the same phenomena.  The perimeter of
the moat drives the resonant frequency, and the number of traces across the
perpendicular dimension sets the number of aggressors.  Our simulations
agree with your experience of phase delay as the wavefronts propagate
parallel to the moat edges, ie perpendicular to the traces.  Pulses that
are shorter than the signal pitch show up as a comb pattern, while those
longer, form a continuous bump.

Regards,

Steve

List FAQ wiki page is located at: