[SI-LIST] Re: rational function approximation

  • From: Amitava Bhaduri <bhadhua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ray,

I haven't extrapolated the S-parameters down to DC(s=0). I have generated
the Z-parameters(and thereby S-parameters) of the the interconnects
starting at 1GHz to 4GHz at uniform spacing (10 samples). I was trying to
do the eigenvalue drill but as I do not have enough experience in this I
am not sure how to deal with 10 different values of each of Z11, Z12, Z21
and Z22(for 2-port interconnect structure) and combine them to a rational
function of the form P(s)/Q(s). After I get to this point I have to find a
rational function approximation that takes care of the passivity problem
and reduces the model. I can then possibly find an equivalent circuit that
can be plugged into the netlist and may be able to avoid using "nport". I
just gathered the basic idea by reading some papers, but don't know the
drill to make this work. Any help would be great.

I guess "nport" does interpolation (by specifying the option
interp=rational), but probably fails to take care of the
passivity/stability of the rational function.

Thanks,
Amitava

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: