[SI-LIST] Re: rational function approximation

  • From: You Se Ho <yous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amitava Bhaduri <bhadhua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:01:55 -0600 (MDT)

  To Dear Mr./Ms. Bhaduri:

 How are you? Please try to read the papers below if you have not yet been
aware of. You can get those MATLAB programs from the author. At least from
my experience, they work well and give common poles for N-port.

 Thanks
 Sincerely,
 Se-Ho You

@ARTICLE{BGustavsen1999,
  AUTHOR =       "Bj\orn Gustavsen and Adam Semlyen",
  TITLE =        "Rational Approximation of Frequency Domain responses
  by vector fitting",
  JOURNAL =      IEEE_J_PWRD,
  YEAR =         "1999",
  volume =       "14",
  number =       "3",
  pages =        "1052-1061",
  month =        jul,
  note =         "",
  abstract =     "",
  keywords =     "",
  source =       "",
  file = F
}

@ARTICLE{BGustavsen2002,
  AUTHOR =       "B. Gustavsen",
  TITLE =        "Computer code for rational approximation of frequency
dependent admittance matrices",
  JOURNAL =      IEEE_J_PWRD,
  YEAR =         "2002",
  volume =       "17",
  number =       "4",
  pages =        "1093-1098",
  month =        oct,
  note =         "",
  abstract =     "",
  keywords =     "",
  source =       "",
  file = F
}

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Amitava Bhaduri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using a full-wave tool I have been able to generate an impedance matrix of
> an N-port interconnect and later converted the Z matrix into S-parameters.
> Using "nport" from spectre I tried connecting the generated parametric
> data to the remaining device netlist of the circuit. But the simulation
> doesn't work due to stability and passivity problem. I have generated the
> impedance data for 10 frquency points.
> I have learnt that using rational function approximation the passivity of
> the network can be ensured, but I am not sure how to proceed with that
> with Z-matrix (or S-matrix) in hand. Can anyone suggest ways or the
> necessary steps that I have to folow in order to make the interconnect
> network passive and use it with spectre circuit simulator. Is it possible
> to use MATLAB to do this rational function approximation and if it is,
> then how do I do it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Amitava
>
> Amitava Bhaduri