[SI-LIST] Re: plane-to-plane decoupling

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tony Luan" <luant@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Vinu Arumugham" <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>, <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 00:38:33 -0700

I have seen people claiming microstrip differential signals crossing reference
plane gaps has "potential" EMI problem if the common mode is significant.
I have seen people claiming single ended stripline signals crossing reference
plane gaps on one side has  EMI problem.
I have yet to see any claim of differential stripline traces crossing gaps on
one side has EMI problem.
Care to share your data ?

>High speed differential signal cross gap may cause severe EMI problem.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review,
copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this
email and any attachments thereto.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: