[SI-LIST] Re: plane-to-plane decoupling

  • From: "Tony Luan" <luant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael Rose" <mrose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:35:04 -0700

Hi Mike,

   Adding decaps between two power islands may not have smaller
inductance path. Also it increases the noise coupling between two power
nets, which in most of cases is what we want to avoid.
   The better way is to swap layer 5 and layer 6 if it is possible. Or
add decaps between two power islands to gnd.

Thanks
Tony