[SI-LIST] Re: placement of decoupling caps (again)

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paul Mobbs" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, steimle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:36:06 -0700

Doesn't all of this sound a little bit arbitrary?  In fact it is.  In very
few, if any, cases have IC manufacturers done any real engineering to
determine how many an what kind of capacitors are needed.  There is a well
established methodology for determining the right answers.  Wish the IC
manufacturers would use it.

Lee

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just took the energy it took to be angry and wrote some blues.
Count Basie

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org