[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

Chris-

I think you may be misinterpreting what Lynne and the other posters in
this thread have been discussing so far.

No one seems to be saying that SSO simulations should be done with IBIS
(as it stands today).

The discussion is centered around the various package models. An IBIS
model consists of the silicon model portion and the package model
portion. One can take the package model portion (that is described in
IBIS syntax) and rewrite it in Spice syntax if you so desire. So while
some of the statements earlier in the thread may have referenced "IBIS
lumped models" and "IBIS ICM" models, the crux of the discussion is
related to model topologies, model complexity, model bandwidth, and
model size where the "model" in question is the package model. All of
these model attributes are relevant to SSO simulations regardless of
what you choose as the silicon driver model.

-Ray

--
Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer